Terms and Conditions
1. The Rentals are payable by the Client as follows:
a) If the reservation is made more than 8 weeks before the commencement date, a deposit of 30% (non refundable) of the rental must be paid to secure the booking. If a deposit payment has not been received within 48 hours of the booking being made we will assume you no longer wish to go ahead with the reservation.
The outstanding balance is due in full 8 weeks prior to the commencement date.
b) If the reservation is made less than 8 weeks before the commencement date the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
Please note - if payment is not received by the due date, we are unable to guarantee your booking.
c) A Damage and Cleaning Deposit of £300 is required at the same time as the final payment. This will be refunded less any reasonable amount required to repair any damage or carry out extra cleaning after your stay.
d) We expect the property to be in good condition on your departure. Should any extra cleaning be required over and above the usual changeover amount, a charge of £30 per extra hour of cleaning and will be subtracted from the Damage and Cleaning Deposit.
2. Cancellation/Termination by the Client
a) If the agreement is terminated by The Client or if the agreement is terminated because The Client has failed to pay amounts due on the due dates, The Client will be liable ot pay a cancellation fee in accordance with the following:
30% of the rentals payable, if the date of termination is greater than 8 weeks before the commencement date.
100% of the rentals payable if the date of termination is shorter than 8 weeks before the commencement date.
We will endeavour to resell the dates cancelled and if they can be resold for the original amount, a full refund will be issued less 1.5% if any monies paid have been by credit card.
An administration fee of £100 will be charged for any cancellation by the guest.
b) CANCELLATIONS INSURANCE The Client is expected to have taken out appropriate insurance for the holiday to safeguard against loss of monies should unforeseen circumstances necessitate termination of the agreement by The Client.
3. Non Availability of The Property
If for any reason above the Owner's control (e.g. fire damage) the property is unavailable on the date booked, all rental charges paid in advance by the Client will be refunded in full and the Client shall have no further claim against the Owners. The liability under all circumstances shall be limited to the refund of all monies paid in advance.
The fireplaces in the drawing-room and dining room are useable. Please do NOT burn anything other than the wood provided.
5. The Client undertakes to take good care of the property and its contents and to leave the property in a clean, tidy and orderly condition prior to our changeover clean.
6. The Client agrees to behave in a considerate way to those living near the property, in particular the Coach House, and to respect privacy and peace at all times. N.B. NO FIREWORKS, CHINESE LANTERNS OR DRONES.
7. NO SMOKING OR VAPING IN THE PROPERTY. Smoking is allowed in the outside areas at least 10 feet away from the building.
8. HOT TUBS Unfortunately we do not have the facilities to permit the hire of temporary hot tubs.
9. The Client will report any loss or damage to the property owners as soon as possible. The Client will allow access to the property by The Owner at any reasonable time to perform an inspection or repair. The Owner will not be responsible to the Client for any loss, inconvenience, damage etc beyond the control of the Owner.
10. Any claims whatsoever by The Client against The Owner will be limited to the amount of the rental paid.
11. The Client will not over occupy the property at any time. This is to ensure that quality and safety are maintained throughout. We reserve the right to ask the Client to leave if the property is being used by more than the advertised number of guests. No refund will be applicable in these circumstances.
12. Strictly no pets.
13. Electric vehicles. Strictly no charging of electric vehicles on site. The nearest charging point is at Sainsbury's DT3 5BJ
14. These Terms and Conditions must be accepted electronically before arrival.
15. Arrival and departure. Arrival time is not before 4:00 pm and departure time is no later than 10:00 am. Please respect these times to allow plenty of time to prepare for incoming guests. Thank you.
16. COVID. Should any of your party test positive for COVID during your stay, all guests are expected to leave as soon as practicable to allow plenty of time for extra sanitising and ventilation. It is the responsibility of the lead guest to ensure proper insurance is in place to cover all eventualities. Several insurance options which include Covid related cover are available as detailed below.